VISIT US IN PROVIDENCE ON 16 – 18 OCTOBER 2017
TAPPI CorrExpo 2017 will be held October 16-18, 2017 at the Rhode Island Convention Center and Omni Hotel, in Providence, RI, USA.
A full day dedicated to corrugated with an emphasis on « How it works ».
Targeting personnel who desire a solid working knowledge on corrugator operations, quality inspections, process troubleshooting, and improving runnability. This introductory to intermediate program will benefit all corrugated and P&P personnel both novice and experienced professionals as well as sales representative.
Course topics cover:
- Why corrugated and what are the components
- Overview of a complete corrugator, operation and machine functions
- Mechanics of the bond
- Introduction to starch, terms, usage, application and testing
- Proper temperatures for bond and board flatness
- Moisture content in paper and combined board
- Board quality inspections on the corrugator (operator checks)
- Trouble-shooting and corrections
- Glue line analysis
- How to read combined board for best bond and running conditions